Second Hand Books Online is all about locating and purchasing those used, out of print, collectable or simply rare books. In addition to our own stock, through this website you can gain access to literally hundreds of millions of cheap, used, out of print or simply second hand books – almost every title known, through one or more of our associates whom you will find on this site.
There are many online book stores. We are located in South Africa, hence we have a slight bias towards Africana books and similar. All prices are given in South African Rands, and the shipping cost per item is R25 within South Africa, and elsewhere on application. When ordering, please use the order form HERE, stating shipping address and currency. We will then forward an invoice to you by email for payment by Electronic Funds Transfer.
Why not join our Booklovers Forum? Interact with like-minded people, learn, discuss, enjoy. Join HERE.
We also operate a BOOKFINDING service, and we maintain books wanted lists for our customers. Send us your wants list HERE. In addition, we are always interested in purchasing books – our usual sources are deceased estates and book sales. Please note that we are especially interested in Africana.
Got books for sale yourself? Advertise them on this site HERE for free !
Secondhand Books Online also operates a physical bookshop at Aberdeen Books and Crafts, 23 Brand Street, Aberdeen, Eastern Cape, South Africa. We are situated about 50km from Graaff-Reinet on the road to George. If you are ever in the area, we would be delighted to see you.
- Rare Book Feast #1: World Geographic Atlas (finebooksmagazine.com)
- Rare Book Feast #1: Herbert Bayer’s Book of Maps (pdalbury.wordpress.com)
- Rare Book Feast: Celebrating the Timeless Character of Books (brainpickings.org)
- Spotting Trends and the Rules of Book Collecting part Two (miskatonicbooks.wordpress.com)
- UK: Volume of eBook Purchases Rising But Value of eBook Sales Shrinking (teleread.com)
- Physical book sales nosedive (telegraph.co.uk)